Handheld Oregon Trail Game
- The Oregon Trail Card Game - $21.67
- Nintendo Labo - Robot Kit - $79.99
- UNO Super Mario Game - $8.10
- Hi Ho Cherry-O Game - $14.88
I like how the plug for this handheld version of Oregon Trail (best Apple IIGS computer game ever!) is "Learn about the realities of 19th-century pioneer life on the Oregon Trail." Because when I used to play it, learn I did. Learn indeed. Here's what I learned:
- The plural of "ox" is "oxen."
- If you don't like your little brother, don't worry, he'll probably die of typhoid. Or starve.
- Or at least get a nasty case of dysentery, which is..."What's dysentery, Miss Dunkelberg? What, look it up in the dictionary? Hmmm, let's see here. Dysentery is...hehehehe! Cornelius! Dysentery is Diarrhea, pthhpthh, diarrhea, pthhpthh!"
- Buffalo move fast! They are hard to shoot down with your mouse even when everyone in your starving, dysentery-afflicted family is depending on you to get one.
This version of the Oregon Trail computer game brings all the joys and sorrows of the iconic trek from Independence, MO to the Willamette Valley, OR to a tidy little handheld plenty small enough to fit in your wagon. Or your messenger bag. The game comes with the 3 x AA batteries it needs to run, which should last you for the entirety of your travels. Unless you spill infected water on them, and they die of cholera.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.