Dartz Prombron Black Shark SpyKar
Almost more than I would recommend checking out Russian car maker Dartz's Prombron Black Shark--a vehicle they term the world's first real SpyKar--I would recommend checking out what Dartz head Leo Yankelovich has to say about it. His press releases are, to say the least, unparalleled. Some excerpts:
- "Knowing our customers, who already have everything they need, but everything for them still not enough, Dartz made a decision not to declare price tag, to avoid situation when cheap Bugatti owner feel himself like a beggar standing near more expensive Bugatti, therefore Dartz just will inform price tag as: Six Zeros."
- "Other protection from 'feel beggar' - just five cars will be made, plus 5 special cars for China, which is not so dangerous, but very demanding."
- "Yes, we are using bizarre leathers, deal with it." By that Yankelovich means that Prombron Black Shark owners will have choices of stingray, alligator, ostrich, crocodile, and python for their interiors. Along with shark skin and sheep skin floor mats, of course.
Based on a Mercedes-Benz GL, the Black Shark will be offered--at least to non-feel-beggar buyers--with either a take on the twin-turbo 5.5-litre V8 engine from the GL63 AMG, or a modified version of the twin-turbo 6.0-litre V12 from the GL65 AMG. No word on whether the Chinese will get the same options, or instead have their Prombrons fitted with engines from decommissioned Russian rockets.
Additional key Black Shark features include:
- Kevlar and titanium body to guard riders against magnetic mines
- A rotating bulletproof grille, B7 armor plating, and a sniper-resistant roof
- A distance explosive detector and signal jammer
- Electrochromatic privacy windows
- Disappearing doorhandles
- An anti-paparazzi shock-device
- Fingerprint and retina scanning system
- An elaborate crowd-repelling light and sound system