Legacy Power Wagon
- Literal Power Wagon - $274.95
- Mean Machines Ram 2500 Power Wagon - $25.99
- For the Kiddos: John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer - $330.70
- Dodge Power Wagon 1940-1980 Photo Archive - $24.71
- Power Wagon Genuine Parts T-Shirt - $38.00
The Legacy Power Wagon. As the name suggests, it isn't new, but with only a handful crafted per year--by artisan auto mechanics at Legacy Classic Trucks in Jackson Hole, Wyoming--it remains one of the truck world's most coveted and collectible. Each Legacy creation is described as "a Dodge Power Wagon on steroids." They all begin as a 60+-year-old Dodge Power Wagon, with comprehensive restoration kicking off the conversion process, and extensive customizations incorporating modern amenities following suit. The finished product, a true manifestation of the spirit of the American West, represents over 1,000 hours of elbow grease.
Those lucky--and affluent--enough to sit behind Legacy Wagon wheel can do so in classic 2-door and 4-door versions, or choose from a Legacy Dodge Carryall, Power Wagon Woodie, Legacy Extended Cab, or Dodge M-37. Most trucks are built to order, and fully customizable, though all Power Wagon conversions come standard with:
- Complete Stage III Restoration.
- Rotisserie paint with a lifetime warranty.
- Modern interior.
- Leather Captain's chairs.
- Modern 3-point seatbelts.
- A 10-gauge instrument cluster.
- Air conditioning. Custom dash and control panel.
- Dynatrac Pro 80 rear axle.
- Dana 60 front axle.
- 4-wheel disk brakes.
- Power steering.
- Long travel suspension with Bilstein shocks.
- Front and rear locking dIfferentials.
- Atlas transfercase with 3.8:1 low range.
- 16,500 pounds winch.
From there, options begin with the truck's engine, a choice of a 426 Legacy Magnum V8, MPI, 425 HP or 3.9 Liter Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 480ft/lbs Torque. Transmissions are available as NV-4500 5-speed manuals or 4L85E 4-speed automatics, and tires/wheels 16 x 8 American Racing Wheels with 1100R16 Michelin XZL; 17 x 9 Trailready Beadlocks with 40'' Goodyear MTR; or 20 x 10 Beadlocks with 42'' Continental MPT81.
Popular Legacy Power Wagon customizations include:
- Retractable side steps.
- 5th wheel gooseneck.
- Integral rollcage.
- Portal axles.
- Commonrail Diesel engines.
- Allison transmissions.